Monday, February 8, 2010

Worst Movies Ever Made

After watching one of the worst movies I've ever seen over the weekend, I started thinking about just HOW many bad movies are out there, and how many of them I've seen. After polling The Facebook for suggestions/reminders of movies I have been forced to sit through (but then tried my hardest to forget), I've come up with a list of what I consider to be some top-notch stinkers you should save your money and time on:

1. The Break-Up --not funny, as it was marketed
2. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past--knew it was going to be bad, but watched it with family anyway....next up: how to get 2 hours of my life back....
3. Failure to Launch--didn't even make it through the first 20 minutes. Again with the Matthew McConaughey...
4. Very Bad Things--title says it all.
5. He's Just Not That Into You--honestly, this only makes the list because of how truly sad and just....true...it is; doesn't deserve romantic COMEDY status.
6. Dan In Real Life--again; depressing and not very funny, like you'd expect from the one and only Steve Carell.
7. Leatherheads.....thought that "Jim" from The Office would save this one. He didn't. It was terrible.
8. Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - "Wait.....what?" was my thought throughout the entire movie.

Easy to see from my list that a movie fails BIG time with me if it's marketed as hilarious, but is suspiciously missing the funny. It makes me feel betrayed and believe me, when this mama actually MAKES it to the theater and takes out a loan to buy movie tickets and snacks, she does NOT like to be not-laughing at a movie that's supposed to entertain to no end. I do realize, though, that I've set the bar pretty high, as I myself am pretty hilarious. Any others that should make this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment