Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I am now officially a Blogger.

So, let’s start off with me telling you, sweet reader, that the occurrences of my life seem anything but blog-worthy. However, after reading the antics and snippets of life from fellow bloggers, I quickly realized that their lives weren’t much different from mine; mostly mommies who are trying to raise children who often push all of their buttons—at the same time, twice—and Christian families who want to share their joys and sorrows with their families.

I remember the first time I understood the concept of a blog, I squinted, and thought, “You mean….it’s like an online diary? Why, oh, why would you ever publish a journal entry, of all things, on the very-public internet? [and before the internet became the social-networking, web-weaving, anyone-can-anonymously-find-anything-about-anyone tool that is now is…] And who would ever have a desire to read about my random musings?” Ha! I’m fairly certain the creators of Blogger, facebook and myspace never imagined the anonymity that fuels their juggernauts would one day make them rich!

One justification for my reluctant submission to Blogger’s beckoning was so that our out-of-town family could keep up to date on what’s happening in our lives. And that is partly true. Okay, totally true: but, it’s not the only reason. I’m not going to bore you or myself with the dissection of my motives, but the bottom line is, “I’m here, and look what I’ve made so far (think kindergarten show-and-tell)!”

Hopefully I’ll have something funny, insightful, helpful or otherwise entertaining to post again soon….until then, it might just be sarcasm and pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're a blogger! You've got lots of good stuff to say and share... and even if you don't, sarcasm and pics always work, too!

    Also impressed and maybe a teensy bit jealous of the super fancy design/layout. :) And music! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially the professional quality photos. Can't wait to hear more.--Mom

    ReplyDelete